The Add to segment action adds a user to a chosen segment.
ChatBot automatically collects all the users who chat with your bot and stores their data in the Users section. Segments allows you to additionally organize collected users into different groups that are important for your business, for example, newsletter subscribers, beta testers, new customers etc.
You can export data collected in Segments via .CSV file and manage them using external applications, or edit in spreadsheets.
Using Add to segment
To add users to segments, you need to create them first.
- To create a segment go to Settings > Bot settings > User segments
- Click on the Add segment button to open the edit window.
- In the edit window, name your segment and click on the Create button.
- Your segment has been added to your list.
- Now go back to your Story. Drag the Add to segment block and add it to your tree.
- Click on the added Add to segment block to edit its content.
- Choose one of available segments from the list.
- Close the edit window. Your changes will be saved automatically.