The add to segment action automates the entire process of grouping and organizing users who talked with your bot.
Segments help organize users into groups. You can manage segments by bulk actions, such as filters or manual edits performed on every single user in the User section. Also, this process can be fully automated by the Add to Segment action added to the bot stories.
The add to segment bot response can be added to any interaction you want. When the action is triggered, the user is automatically added to the chosen segment. Segments must be created before the action setup.
Getting started with adding users to segments
So, how can this action be utilized in your business? For example, you can create a segment called Newsletter signups and set up the bot to automatically add users that wish to subscribe.
To do so, use the add to segment action below the confirmed signup response and save it. From now on, every time a user confirms the signup, the contact is automatically added to the chosen segment. Similarly, you can apply this action to other interactions.
Let’s walk through this entire process step by step.
- Make sure that you’ve already created a segment. If you don’t have any segments yet, go to the segment overview to learn how to do it.
- Go to your stories and choose a new scenario. Open an interaction and go to bot responses.
- In the actions category, you will find the add to segment response. Click the icon or drag it to your bot responses.
- Select a segment that will store all users that triggered this action.
- Click save to keep your work.