Transfer the chat to your customer support team when your bot can’t handle.
When using the LiveChat integration, you can easily redirect the ongoing chat from the bot to your customer service team. Moreover, you can customize when the transfer occurs and decide what happens after your team’s working hours.
The transfer action works like any other bot response or action so you can freely use with the delay and filters applied.
How to use the transfer action
- Open your ChatBot story.
- Find the place in your chatbot story from where you want to transfer your chat to the real agent.
- Choose the Transfer chat action from the right menu and add to your Story.
- Transfer action supports two paths: Success and Failure, which allows you to set up your bot in different scenarios:
- Success path will trigger when the bot transfers the chat successfully.
- Failure will trigger when the bot detects no real agents to handle this chat.
- Now open the Transfer chat action to set up to which LiveChat group chat should be transferred.
- Decide to which LiveChat group chat will be transferred (leave “-1” value if you want to transfer within the same group that chat has been started).
- Now, back to your Story tree and add a Bot Response to your Success and Failure path.
- And that’s all! Now you can finish setting up your added Bot Response blocks.
Setup the transfer when the bot cannot answer
You can also create an automatic transfer to the agent, that is triggered when the bot isn’t able to match any interaction to the query. To do so, use the Fallback action.
- Go to the Default Fallback.
- Add a Filter and Fallback action to your Default Fallback.
- Filter action allows us to detect that the user made a mistake several times and should be transferred to a real agent.
- Fallback will enable us to set up a different scenario if Filter will not be triggered.
- Open your Filter action.
- Set up a filter for the failure attribute.
- We want to trigger a Transfer chat action after 3 mistakes. To do that, we need to set up a filter for the failure attribute as you can see on the screenshot below.
- Close your Filter action to back to your Story. Now you can add the Transfer chat action to your Filter.
- That’s all! Now you can add Bot Response actions to your Fallback and Failure to define what bot then should do after trigger these actions.