Engage more customers and encourage visitors to start chatting with Greetings feature. It allows you to show your customers a pop-out message right above the minimized Chat Widget.
- To get to the widget settings, go to the Integrations panel and select Chat Widget.
- Choose the Greetings section.
- Click on the Add new greeting button.
You can customize how and when your greeting is displayed in this window. Make sure that the greeting message is short and catchy, so your customers will interact with it more often.
- Greeting name - greeting name for identification purposes. Not visible to the customers.
- Greeting message - your greeting message. We recommend it to be short and interesting. Consider adding emojis to make it easier to notice.
- Display greeting conditions - choose what circumstances have to be met to trigger the greeting. To see available greeting triggers, check out Available Conditions.
To define when the greeting should pop out, use one of the available conditions. You can combine them to make your approach more customer-oriented and better targeted.
Available conditions are listed below:
- Time on website - time (in seconds) spent on your website, including all subpages.
- Time on current page - time (in seconds) spent on a specific page of your website.
- Current Page Address - triggers greeting as soon as a customer visits the specific page on your website.
- Any visited page Address - triggers greeting when any of the visited pages is equal to the specific website address.
- Referring website address - triggers greeting when the referrer page address is equal to the provided value.
- User visited at least - triggered as soon as the total number of pages visited by the customer is equal to this condition.
- User is a first time visitor - triggered when the customer visits your website for the first time.
- User returned to your website - triggered for the customer’s second and every next visit on your page.
- Custom variable - triggered only when the custom variable value is equal to the provided value.