Moments allows you to open a webview to load any web application inside ongoing chat.
Nowadays, visitors don’t want to jump between different websites to finish the ordering or booking process. Thanks to Moments, you can start and end the whole process without leaving the chat window.
How it works
- The visitor receives a rich message.
- The visitor clicks the webview button.
- Moments appear, web applications loads.
- Customer performs activities in the web application.
- Moments can be closed either by web application with triggering SDK method or manually by the user.
From a developer point of view, it’s an embedded website in iframe which is shown during a chat.
You can specify the height of the webview by setting the height property. Available values:
- full - 100% of widget size
- tall - 75% of widget size
- compact - 50% of widget size
Moments let you open any web application in the conversation, however, you shouldn’t use this for opening complex web application or websites. This is an action dedicated for particular tasks, which are useful in your chat.
Imagine that you’ve added chatbot to your shoe store. With Moments you can collect some user preferences like size, color and show the products tailored to their needs. Sounds good, right?
- Schedule meeting - display an interactive calendar for scheduling a meeting.
- Shopping cart - give customers an option to manage the shopping cart and make a deal without leaving the chat window.
- Reservation system - automate your sales with chatbot by connecting your reservation system.
- Authorization - authorize your user and show specific data which shouldn’t be visible for the public use.
- Articles view - share the knowledge without leaving the chat window. You can open your knowledge base or article without the need of opening a new tab.
Moments in LiveChat
Moments in LiveChat can be triggered only by clicking the button. You can use the same SDK which is supported by our chat widget.
Moments in Facebook Messenger
Moments are also supported in our Facebook integration, however, to handle communication between an open webview and Messenger you must use the SDK provided by Facebook.
Moment SDK is a communication layer between your opened webview and the chat widget. Thanks to that, you can manage your webview from your application side. Click here for further information.
App written in Vue.js, allows a customer to pick a date from datepicker. It sends a chosen option back to a chat.