When the conversation arrives to its final destination, use the leave chat action available for chat.io to mute the chatbot.
When designing your chatbot, you stake off specific goals, such as a purchase, a reservation or a question about your business answered. With the leave chat action, you can mute your chatbot so it will stop responding to any further questions.
Note that the leave chat action works only with the chat.io integration. Go to the compatibility table to see the full list of bot responses and actions designed for your favorite integrations.
How to use the leave chat action
Before you start adding and testing the transcript action, remember to integrate your bot with chat.io. Follow this quick tutorial if you’re unsure how to do it.
- Go to your dashboard and create a new story. Add a few interactions with bot actions and responses. You can also use an existing story.
- When you finish, on the bottom of your story add a new interaction and name it Close story.
- Add a few phrases to the user says fields to trigger this interaction when the conversation is finished.
- Move to bot responses. First, add a text message that will bid your clients farewell.
- Select the chat.io section in bot responses and add the leave chat action.
Test out your scenario a few times to see how this action works.